Set in a picturesque landscape, it seems a terrace made of tuff overlooks the Gulf of Naples.
It has been well-known ever since that Sorrento is the most famous town in the Gulf of Naples
Sorrento stole the heart of tourists and visitors with its breathtaking views, the landscape of gardens and citrus groves, the marinas, the charming old town, impressive historical and religious architecture, and the ancient tradition of inlaying and laces.
Suppose you want to discover the best wedding venues in Sorrento. In that case, we can advise you on private wedding villas or luxury hotels.
Sometimes, it is better to have the wedding in a private Villa in Sorrento where your wedding can be totally tailor-made. In this case, the owner will not put restrictions on the planning.
In other cases, a luxury hotel in Sorrento can offer more services such as SPA, relais, and wellness experiences, and a superior accommodation option.
What about traditions in Sorrento to use for your reception?
Among all Sorrento traditions, more ancient is the recipe of limoncello. This liqueur derives from the infusion of lemon peels in alcohol. It is a must to taste when visiting the Sorrento peninsula.
Gastronomy is undoubtedly one of the most appreciated traditions: specialties babà al limoncello, “Gnocchi alla sorrentina,” or “Ravioli” with lobster has conquered the palate of every lover of Italian food.
In addition to the typical Sorrento specialties, we find all the other products of the peninsula, from the mozzarella of Agerola to the provolone del Monaco DOP, from the pasta of Gragnano to the extra virgin olive oil DOP Penisola Sorrentina and, finally, the pizza.
As your wedding planner in Sorrento, we will design and plan with you an authentic traditional elegant wedding in Sorrento. Maybe on a terrace overlooking the sea or perhaps in a Villa’s garden on an overhanging cliff over the sea.
You may also be interested in knowing how to work with legally binding ceremonies in the town hall of Sorrento.
Well, you should know that the town hall of Sorrento consents to the celebration of legally binding ceremonies in various suggestive areas of Sorrento. Therefore, this opportunity cannot be missed!
• The cloister of San Francesco (Chiostro di San Francesco) is undoubtedly one of the most requested places for weddings in Sorrento. It dates back to the 1300s. It is not uncommon to see wedding photos on Pinterest and Instagram that portray this fantastic historical place.
• Correale di Terranova Museum (Museo Correale di Terranova) is an ancient noble residence. It is used to celebrate a legally binding ceremony in Sorrento.
The costs to celebrate the civil marriage in the town-hall of Sorrento are:
• Euro 600.00 in the event of a wedding celebrated on the morning of Monday, Wednesday and Friday, as well as on the whole day of Tuesday and Thursday;
• Euro 800.00 in the event of a wedding celebrated on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoon;
• Euro 1,000.00 in the event of a wedding celebrated on Saturday.
Please note that prices may be subject to variation bu the by the Municipality.
the Municipality of Sorrento will request the following documents:
- valid passport,
- the so-called Nulla Osta that is a no impediment to the marriage document issued by the your Consulate in Italy of the administration in your country of provenance that usually specifies paternity and maternity, residence, citizenship, and marital status.
Please note that “Nulla Osta” must be legalized at the competent Italian Prefecture (Prefettura), except for countries adhering to the Hague Convention, London Convention or Munich Convention, or other bilateral agreement between two countries (e.g., USA and Italy or Australia and Italy).