August 21, 2019 /
The 10 best places for beach weddings for a relaxing and romantic wedding in Italy
Top tips for your wedding in Italy
Italy is one of the most advisable place to organize a beach wedding. Crystal clear sea, golden beaches and exclusive hotel and villas are the perfect ingredients for your “Wedding in Bel Paese” . Below we propose you some solutions for a beach wedding.
1. Sun, crystalline sea, lush nature. Juicy yellow lemons and the sweet aroma of orange blossoms. Famous Italian conviviality and authentic, delicious cuisine of Southern Italy. The Amalfi Coast is the symbol of Italian exclusivity and elegance. Luxury hotels and elegant private villas with flower gardens and panoramic sea views and the best panoramic restaurants will be a magnificent location to organize your wedding in Amalfi, your luxury wedding in Positano or even your luxurious wedding in Ravello.
2. The island of Capri is one of the most picturesque and visited location in Italy. Its unique beauties were celebrated in ancient times and to this day the island still has a legendary charm: tiny alleys, small bays and the wonderful Blue Grotto. Although it is not possible to get married in the Grotto, many beaches and bays are wonderful wedding locations in the area. The breathtaking landscapes and the beauty of Capri extend from the rocky caves around the island to the horizon limit.
3. Sardinia is often called a small paradise in the heart of the Mediterranean. Its coasts and its white beaches are the emblems of the island, but there are numerous places and splendid villages that are worth discovering. The northwestern side of Sardinia is well known for its fine resorts and sparkling nightlife. La Maddalena is a precious island surrounded by a dozen smaller islands, famous for the beauty of their beaches and their ports. All the islands are natural paradises and can only be reached by boat. Because of the size of the area and the beauty of the region, weddings in the search for the island are particularly exclusive and elegant.
4. Sicily is a unique place full of art, culture, archeology, history, folklore, extraordinary culinary tradition and breathtaking views. Organizing a wedding in Sicily, in one of the most famous villages and cities, such as the luxurious Taormina, the famous Noto, the pearl of the baroque, the historic Agrigento or Palermo, will be an unforgettable wedding experience.
5. Liguria offers splendid locations from east to west. It is an exceptionally romantic region, where the intense blue color of the water and the salty wind are the ideal setting for a beach wedding. In Portofino, with its luxury and exclusive atmosphere between land and sea, you will find the perfect location for your dream wedding. Portovenere is another colorful Italian destination that “western couples” love very much. Liguria is a wonderful corner of paradise with a very interesting marine environment and a place of irresistible charm: the cave of Byron. This is one of the most romantic and suggestive preferences that spouses want to enjoy.
6. Apulia known for its warm hospitality and wonderful beaches offers everything you are looking for your wedding in Italy: breathtaking landscapes, the magnificent sandy beaches of Salento with crystal clear waters of the sea, luxurious wedding locations, such as the typical ones ” masserie ”, traditional noble houses transformed into a five-star hotel. All surrounded by romantic atmosphere that can host a spectacular outdoor wedding ceremony or an informal and relaxing banquet.
7. Abruzzo is still to be discovered in Italy, but it also reserves an extraordinary atmosphere on its coast. It offers spectacular sea and mountain views, creating a perfect harmony. Places like castles, fortresses, ancient monasteries, are spectacular. Moreover, on the coast there are also wonderful historical and traditional structures called “Trabocchi” where it is possible to receive your reception right above the waves of the Adriatic sea.
8. At the Riviera del Conero you can walk in paradise. Surrounded by Monte Conero, a rocky promontory that appears to rise from nothing, you have the whole Adriatic sea in front of you and the show is inimitable.Try to take a look at Numana, Portonovo, Sirolo and delight yourself. This image below is just a small spoiler. It always gives us the idea of being in the Caribbean.
9. As we all know, Tuscany is known for its splendid cities of art, for its countryside with postcard-like landscapes, for its typical cuisine, its wine and for the unique atmosphere that can be breathed in this region. But if you are in love with the sea, even in this case this region will not disappoint you. The city of Castiglioncello is particularly suitable for those who want a romantic location, overlooking the sea and the cliffs. Other really beautiful seaside resorts, always in Tuscany, are Punta Ala, the Argentario, a promontory with truly magnificent beaches, and why not also the Island of Elba or the Island of Giglio, easily reachable by ferry from the port of Livorno or Piombino. The beaches of Follonica and San Vincenzo are also amazing.
10. There is an even more fascinating choice than getting married in Venice, which is to get married on one of its islands. More private and unique, far from the hustle and bustle of the city center, these islands can hold special surprises for you. The islands surrounding Venice are something completely different. They are right for a more intimate and sweet wedding. They will adapt you if you love the most original aspects of Venice, that are off the beaten track: if you are looking for an unconventional side even of the most famous city in the world. The distinctive character of the island of Burano, for example, lies in its houses, each painted in a completely different bright color. If you prefer a more intimate and refined style, while remaining in contact with natural green spaces, we would suggest the Isle of Torcello. This island in the Venetian lagoon can also host religious ceremonies (in the church of Santa Fosca).
If you want to know more about where to get your destination wedding, contact us.Contact us