November 24, 2022 /
Refugee getting married in Italy
How a refugee can marry in Italy?
Get assistance to get married in Italy with a refugee status
On the website of the Ministry of the Interior has been published the Circolare No. 1 of January 12, 2022 on “Nulla osta for a refugee foreigner who intends to contract marriage in Italy“.
The Circular recalls that Article 116 of the Civil Code stipulates that foreign citizens who intend to marry on the national territory must submit to the civil status officer a declaration made by the competent authority of their country showing that there is no impediment to marriage.
For refugees, this function used to be carried out by UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees), but given the regulatory changes and the inability of UNHCR to come into possession of the necessary documentation to issue such a statement, it urged that the procedure be adjusted.
Having also heard the opinion of the Advocate General of the State, the Viminale informs that. in order to obtain this “clearance,” refugees will be able to provide a certificate or other suitable act attesting to freedom of status, or a substitute declaration in accordance with Presidential Decree No. 445/2000.
In this way, The Ministry of the Interior guarantees the appropriate protections in favor of the citizen and citizen with refugee status, also ensuring the continuity of its action and avoiding the risk of making discrimination.
Who will be your Planners
Due to our experience in law firms and the foreign offices of the Italian public administration, we gained significant expertise in Consular affairs, and we are trained to solve the most complicated procedure such as:
1) Same-sex couples that want to celebrate a civil union in Italy as in their country the union is forbidden;
2) Couples that come from countries where divorce is not allowed;
3) Italians living abroad registered at AIRE that need to recover their document to start the marriage banns in the Italian Consulate;
4) Assistance with people that come from countries that do not release the nulla osta;
5) American and Australian couples who needs assistance with “atto notorio” in an Italian Court or the Italian Consulate in the USA or Australia.
6) People with refugee status who have requested asylum in Italy.
Our team of lawyers and planners will assist you and assign the right consultant for your case.