October 18, 2022 /
Indian citizens get legally married in Italy
How can an Indian citizen get married in Italy
If you are wondering how can an Indian get married in Italy, we are the planner you are looking for!
Since this is one of the most discussed topics around Indians getting married in Italy, today we want to explain the actual situation of Indians getting married in Italy.
In Italy, the Indian Consulate inside the Embassy does not release the so-called Marriage Nulla Osta.
They release a document that states that the spouse is not married.
This represents a concern since most of the town hall accepts only the document in which the caption “Nulla Osta” is written.
There are only two ways to obtain it:
- Go to the Municipality of birth of the Indian spouse and request a document stating that the person is eligible to get married. The paper must then be translated and legalized. If it is written in Hindi, it must first be translated into English and then Italian. Once this is done, it must be legalized at the Italian Consulate in India.
- The best option is to use our legal service.
We will book an appointment with the competent Indian Consulate in Italy (Milan or Rome) to request the free marital status certificate, the so-called Bachelorhood Certificate.
Since the Indian Officials won’t issue the so-called nulla osta, the town hall where you want to get married will issue a refusal to proceed with your wedding.
We will then appeal the competent Court booking an appointment, and you will need to attend the hearing with us in before the Judge.
The good side of the story is that the judges already know that the Indian Consulate does not issue the nulla osta, hence they will not make it difficult to obtain a sentence that will oblige the town hall to celebrate your wedding.
With the sentence of the Judge, we as your wedding planner will inquire again the Town hall which refused your wedding so that your wedding ceremony can finally be performed!
Who will be your Counselors and Planners?
Due to our experience in law firms and the foreign offices of the Italian public administration, we gained significant expertise in Consular affairs, and we are trained to solve the most complicated procedure such as:
1) Same-sex couples that want to celebrate a civil union in Italy as in their country the union is forbidden;
2) Couples that come from countries where divorce is not allowed;
3) Italians living abroad registered at AIRE that need to recover their document to start the marriage banns in the Italian Consulate;
4) Assistance with people that come from countries that do not release the nulla osta;
5) American and Australian couples who needs assistance with “atto notorio” in an Italian Court or the Italian Consulate in the USA or Australia.
6) People with refugee status who have requested asylum in Italy.
Our team of lawyers and planners will assist you and assign the right consultant for your case.