August 23, 2019 /
Getting Married in Positano in the Amalfi Coast
A dreamy Italian destination.
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most targeted places to celebrate weddings in Italy, both for the beauty of the landscape and the infinite choice of scenic locations between hotels and villas. We want today to give you some practical information to organize your wedding on the Amalfi Coast.
We suggest you f, first of all, to move as quickly as possible in the organization of your destination wedding: the most beautiful locations on the Coast are always in great demand, and in some cases (such as the Cathedral of Amalfi), you must book even two years before.
All the churches of the Amalfi Coast are Catholic. It is possible to celebrate a Protestant wedding in private locations. Unlike Capri and Sorrento, Amalfi’s diocese allows the celebration of weddings in the church even to couples who do not live on the Amalfi Coast.
In Positano, weddings are usually celebrated in Chiesa dell’Assunta, just above the Spiaggia Grande, while in Amalfi, they can be celebrated in the majestic Cathedral of Sant’Andrea.
In Praiano, instead, there is the church of San Gennaro, very scenic thanks to the large churchyard overlooking the sea. All these churches, particularly the Cathedral of Amalfi, are in great demand, so we suggest you move far in advance (minimum one year) to find availability.
If you’re getting married in Positano in a Catholic Church, you will need:
- Attestato di partecipazione al corso pre-matrimoniale
- “Certificato di battesimo e cresima” (baptism and confirmation certificate)
- For foreigner couples: Pre Nuptial Inquiry o Pre Nuptial Investigation
- Sworn Statement for American, Australian, and Canadian citizens;
- No Impediment for EU citizens, released by the competent authority;
- Photocopy of passport.
Legally binding ceremony
Civil weddings in Positano can be celebrated on the terrace of the town hall, overlooking the sea. In Amalfi, they are celebrated in a former Benedictine monastery dating back to the 12th century. In Ravello, instead, it is possible to choose between Palazzo Tolla (headquarter of the municipality) and the Gardens of the Princess of Piedmont.
Documents if you’re getting married in Positano on the Amalfi Coast are:
• Nulla Osta from the Municipality of Residence
• Birth certificate or A Postille (for foreign citizens)
• Possible divorce decree
• Copy of identity documents (passport is required for foreign citizens)
• Copy of identity documents of two witnesses (for foreign citizens a passport, is required)
• Copy of the interpreter’s ID (passport is required for foreign citizens).
Of course, as your wedding planner on the Amalfi Coast, we will help you to give your guests the best welcome they deserve providing them the best logistic solutions and proposing you the most stunning venue and the most reliable local vendors.Contact us