August 23, 2019 /
Getting Married in Positano in the Amalfi Coast
A dreamy Italian destination
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most targeted places where to celebrate weddings in italy, both for the beauty of the landscape and for the infinite choice of panoramic locations between hotels and villas.
We want today give you some practical informations to organize your wedding in the Amalfi Coast.
We suggest you first of all to move as quickly as possible in the organization of your destination wedding: the most beautiful locations on the Coast are always in great demand and in some cases (such as the Cathedral of Amalfi) you must book even two years before…
All the churches of the Amalfi Coast are Catholic. It is possible to celebrate a Protestant wedding in private locations. Unlike Capri and Sorrento, the diocese of Amalfi allows the celebration of wedding in the church even to couples who do not live on the Amalfi Coast.
In Positano weddings are usually celebrated in Chiesa dell’Assunta, just above the Spiaggia Grande, while in Amalfi they can be celebrated in the majestic Cathedral of Sant’Andrea.
In Praiano instead there is the church of San Gennaro, very scenic thanks to the large churchyard overlooking the sea. All these churches, and in particular the Cathedral of Amalfi, are in great demand, so we suggest you to move far in advance (minimum one year) to find availability.
Necessary documents in order to marry in Positano in a Catholic Church:
- Attestato di partecipazione al corso pre-matrimoniale
- Certificato di battesimo e cresima (baptism and confirmation certificate)
- For foreigner couples: Pre Nuptial Inquiry o Pre Nuptial Investigation
- Sworn Statement for american, australian and canadian citizens;
- No Impediment for EU citizens, released by competent authority;
- Photocopy of passaports
Legally binding ceremony
Civil weddings in Positano can be celebrated on the terrace of the town hall, overlooking the sea. In Amalfi they are celebrated in a former Benedictine monastery dating back to the 12th century. In Ravello, instead, it is possible to choose between Palazzo Tolla (seat of the municipality) and the Gardens of the Princess of Piedmont.
Documents needed to organize a civil wedding on the Amalfi Coast
• Nulla Osta from the Municipality of Residence
• Birth certificate or A Postille (for foreign citizens)
• Possible divorce decree
• Copy of identity documents (passport is required for foreign citizens)
• Copy of identity documents of two witnesses (for foreign citizens a passport is required)
• Copy of the interpreter’s ID (passport is required for foreign citizens).
Of course a wedding planner in the amalfi coast will be necessary especially if you come from a foreign country and you are not familiar with the Italian language.Contact us